June 30, 2010

What I Got Wednesday 6/30

Signing up for free samples and writing to companies whose products you enjoy are both great ways to get goodies in your mailbox. Get yourself a separate email address, you can use Hotmail or Yahoo...whatever you like. Always order from trusted sites such as Walmart and Sweet Free Stuff. A lot of manufacturers will offer free samples or coupons right from their own website. Look for keywords such as Promotions, Offers or Coupons. Here's a look at what was waiting for me in my mailbox on Monday.

Lick ‘n Crunch Carob Dog Cookies from Three Dog Bakery *free sample no longer available
This was a 13 oz. package which contained 16 carob sandwich cookies with peanut butter filling. The Connoisseur Pup is love-love-loving these cookies. I love it when a company offers a free sample that is big enough for you to truly evaluate it. A dog will generally eat anything once, because its new and different. Now that he's had a couple of days with them, I know he really does love them and I will order them for him (he's got a birthday coming up this month...shhh! I want to surprise him!)


A coupon for $3.00 off *any* 2 of the new Aveeno Positively Nourishing products. *I signed up for a sample of Aveeno Nourish+ Hair Care which came last week, so this was a surprise bonus. You can still sign up for the Nourish sample and coupon here.

 
A group of coupons from writing to the makers of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. This is the sauce of choice in my house and we use a lot of it! I got 2 coupons for a free 18 oz. bottle and one for $1.00 off. Great timing, they are on sale at Jewel Osco right now for $1.00 a bottle so I'll get all three for free. It was interesting to also receive from them coupons for Ken's Steak House salad dressing and Ken's Steak House Marinades. It was interesting because I had no idea those two companies were connected and because I never knew Ken's made marinades. I'll be on the lookout for the Teriyaki variety. Side note, Sweet Baby Ray's is Gluten Free - so if that is a concern in your house, check them out! You can also sign up for Ken's Corner here and receive recipes, special offers and be entered into their monthly drawings.

$20.00 gift card from one of my local Jewel Osco stores. *Just as important as writing to companies to compliment them on their products, sometimes it is necessary to communicate exceedingly poor customer service. This was a nice gesture on their part to apologize for the experience. All is forgiven.

First issue of my free 12 month subscription to Woman's Day magazine. *I must have read about this one on one of my absolute favorite blogs, Deal Seeking Mom. She just posted it again, go here and read her post to find out how to get your own free subscription. Thanks Deal Seeking Mom!
 
$3.00 check from Pinecone Research. *More about that in the coming days.

We'll see what the rest of the week brings and I'll bring you the roundup next Wednesday.


Till next time... 
The Coupon Connoisseur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails