March 13, 2010

Building a coupon stockpile

Some of the questions I get asked most often center around where I get all my coupons.  As I shared with you last time, I get several copies of the largest newspaper in my area.  There are  also a wealth of other places to get coupons besides the Sunday paper.  I am currently working on the Coupon Resources page. There you will find links for printable coupons, coupon clipping services and places to download electronic coupons directly to your grocery store loyalty card.

When you are just starting to build your own coupon stockpile, I highly recommend buying at least 2  copies of your Sunday newspaper, and spending some time visiting coupons.com and printing the coupons for items that interest you even if those items are not on sale right now. The key to effective couponing is to stock up when things are on sale, and to use as many coupons as you have to bring down those prices even more. Most internet coupons have a print limit of two per coupon. If you have multiple computers, you can print two from each computer.  Printing internet coupons and utilizing a clipping service is particularly useful if you live in a rural area which may not have a large number of coupons available in your Sunday paper.

The next time you go to the grocery store, begin to take notice of just how many coupons are available to you for free!  Most grocery stores now have coupon dispensers attached to shelves or in front of the dairy case. These are commonly referred to as "blinkies" due to the small red flashing light on the dispenser. The chip and soda aisles frequently have "tearpads" of coupons as well.  Just remember to use proper coupon etiquette by taking only a couple of each, and leave some for others!

In the coming days I will begin to share how I combine and utilize all of these great coupons to save big!

Till next time... 
The Coupon Connoisseur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails